Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My experience of eye bag surgery

I have posted this eye bag surgery experience in mandarin version before. Since I have converted my blog to English version and I did found this was one of my useful experience, so I decided to re-write this experience in English Version.

I have eye bags and dark eye circles since i was young. I feel ugly and no confidence. I tried all sorts of cream and all sorts of treatments or methods but it didn’t work. What made me feel disgusted was, my friends kept asking me the same stupid question - "Waa ~~~ your eye bag and dark circle very obvious hor~~~ not enough sleep ar ?". For me, this was really sarcastic question, indeed, I tried to maintain a good sleep but it didn't work. Eventually, I forced to wear the color glasses just for covered my eye area.

After doing further research on eye bag, I decided to do eye bag removal surgery. I tried to target some of the legal and qualified plastic surgeon from MAPACS websites (Malaysian Association of Plastic, Aesthetic and Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons). I had consulted few plastic surgeons. Finally, I decided to trust one of the doctor in Klang area. He explained to me that he would remove the fat from cut which was inside the eyelid so that there would be no wound/scar. Since I was still young and there would not be excessive skin, so he would not remove extra skin. I booked a time with the plastic surgeon to perform my eye bag surgery.

The day before my eye bag surgery, I felt very scared because this was my first surgery in my life, some more it was at my eye area. Any way, at the end I pluck up the courage to went for my eye bag surgery. The plastic surgeon injected something on my arm before the surgery started. I was in half conscious when the surgery performing. However, I felt painless and didn't had much feeling during the surgery. The surgery took around 1 hour. When I woke up, I was in another room. My face was still in numb at that moment. The plastic surgeon said that I might need to take around 2-3 weeks to get my wound recovered. He gave me some medicine and some cream to apply. 2-3 days, I already almost fully recovered. 

Below are some of pictures for the fat which the plastic surgeon removed from my eye bag:





I done my eye bag surgery on 2006. 8 years later, many people still asking me the common questions - "Is there any side effect ?", "Will the eye bag come back". Honestly, there isn't much side effect and my eye bags still do not come back after 8 years. The only thing that I concern is, the skin at my previous eye bags area has become thinner and the "tear ditch" appear. If the eyes getting tired, it will easily get influences and become dark circle. Eye bag surgery not much help on dark circle, indeed you should consult the doctor to apply the filler on the removed eye bag area after the eye bag surgery in order to help on reducing the dark circle.


No comments:

Post a Comment